SPOTLIGHT with SSE on Capital Scotland, October – November 2017
- The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at capitalfm.com/terms-conditions (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Communicorp UK (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘[SPOTLIGHT with SSE on Capital Scotland]’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from 2nd Oct 2017 to 24th Nov 2017 on Capital FM Scotland (the “Radio Station”).
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Artist Entry Rules
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must
Go online to CapitalFM.com/scotland and register their details.
Entrants should upload 1 x photograph of artist/performer(s); a biography of artist(s); artist/performers all social media handles; 1 x audio file of artist performing an original single song. Option to include up to 2 x online video links of performance(s) e.g Youtube.
You confirm the grant by you to the Radio Station and to Communicorp UK of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free licence to publish online and broadcast (on any broadcast platform) any aspect of your participation in this competition (including, but not limited to, the submitted photo, biographical information, audio and video(s), any other material submitted or recorded for the competition and, for the winner, all performances undertaken as part of this competition). The Radio Station and Communicorp UK shall be entitled to use any audio or video material submitted for, or recorded in the course of, this competition in any and all media at no cost to the Radio Station or Communicorp UK and you warrant that such use shall not infringe on the rights of any third party. Such use is not intended to limit your rights to claim ownership of your creative work, nor your rights to perform, edit or exploit your work in any way. Publication or broadcast of any material will be appropriately and accurately attributed to the composer and/or performer of the material.
Online entry will open at 06:00 on 2nd Oct and close at 16:00 on 25th Oct 2017
- A Capital FM panel headed by Neil Sloan, Communicorp Uk Head of Programming will score the entries on voice, music, arrangement, writing, entertainment value, creativity, and overall performance. Each entry will be allocated points on each criteria ranging from 1 for the lowest and 10 as the highest possible score. The ten highest scoring artists (in the event of a tie, Neil Sloan will have the final decision) will then be put to a public Twitter vote using the hashtag #SSESpotlight and hashtag #the name of the artist/band as spelled, formatted and defined on the website. Voting rules as per number 7 below. The judges’ decision will be final. Voting scores will not be published, feedback will not be provided to unsuccessful entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The ten artists being put to the public Twitter vote will be contacted by Capital FM between 30th Oct – 19th Nov 2017.
- The three most popular artist/bands voted for in the Twitter vote will then be put forward to an industry panel of judges, and will be judged by them on the same criteria as above (No.4), the highest scoring artist will become the winner. The judges’ decision will be final. Voting scores will not be published, feedback will not be provided to unsuccessful entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Once the Twitter voting has closed, the three finalists will be contacted by telephone by a Capital representative.
- Judging of the three most voted for artists/band will take place on 21st & 22nd of Nov 2017. The Judges’ decision is final and in the event of a tie, the head judge will make the final decision.
- Three finalists will be chosen from the ten artists/bands selected by the Capital FM Panel by public votes via the social media site Twitter using #SSESpotlight followed by a hashtag (#) and the name of the artist as spelled, formatted and defined on the website. The three artists/bands with the highest number of votes will become finalists.
- The only way to vote is via Twitter.
- Only voting from only Twitter accounts which are public will be counted.
- Only 1 vote per Twitter account will be counted. Retweets will not be counted.
- Entrants may undertake their own promotional activity in order to solicit or encourage public votes, but we will not allow behaviour that, in our sole judgement, we consider constitutes unfair manipulation or distortion of the vote. Such behaviour will include, but is not limited to, purchasing of votes, either directly or via third-party agents; or the creation or use, whether manually or via automated systems, of large numbers of new or 'fake' Twitter accounts solely for the purpose of voting in this competition. Where we believe unfair manipulation of the vote has taken place, whether or not conducted by the entrant, we may, at our sole discretion, choose to reduce the number of eligible votes for the relevant act or disqualify them from the competition altogether.
- Voting will begin at 10:00 on 30th Oct and close at 24:00 on 19th Nov 2017.
- The three finalists will be announced on-air on the 21st November 2017 and be informed by a telephone call on the 20th of November 2017.
- You confirm the grant by you to the Radio Station and to Communicorp UK of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free licence to publish online and broadcast (on any broadcast platform) any aspect of your participation in this competition (including, but not limited to, the submitted photo, biographical information, audio and video(s), any other material submitted or recorded for the competition and, for the winner, all performances undertaken as part of this competition). The Radio Station and Communicorp UK shall be entitled to use any audio or video material submitted for, or recorded in the course of, this competition in any and all media at no cost to the Radio Station or Communicorp UK and you warrant that such use shall not infringe on the rights of any third party. Such use is not intended to limit your rights to claim ownership of your creative work, nor your rights to perform, edit or exploit your work in any way. Publication or broadcast of any material will be appropriately and accurately attributed to the composer and/or performer of the material.
- Entrants must be age 16 or over and must reside or have their main place of work or are studying within the defined Service Area of Capital Scotland.
A footprint of the this area can be found by visiting: www.communicorpuk.com - this includes the following postal codes EH1 1, EH1 2, EH1 3, EH104, EH105, EH106, EH107, EH111, EH112, EH113, EH114, EH120, EH125, EH126, EH127, EH128, EH129, EH130, EH139, EH141, EH142, EH143, EH144, EH145, EH146, EH147, EH151, EH152, EH153, EH164, EH165, EH166, EH177, EH178, EH181, EH192, EH193, EH2 1, EH2 2, EH2 3, EH2 4, EH209, EH216, EH217, EH218, EH221, EH222, EH223, EH224, EH225, EH234, EH249, EH259, EH260, EH268, EH269, EH278, EH288, EH299, EH3 5, EH3 6, EH3 7, EH3 8, EH3 9, EH309, EH312, EH320, EH329, EH331, EH332, EH345, EH355, EH365 ,EH375, EH385, EH394, EH395, EH4 1, EH4 2, EH4 3, EH4 4, EH4 5, EH4 6, EH4 7, EH4 8, EH403, EH413, EH414, EH421, EH467, EH470 ,EH477, EH478, EH479, EH48, EH482, EH483, EH484 ,EH496, EH497, EH5 1, EH5 2, EH5 3, EH510, EH519, EH525, EH526, EH530, EH545, EH546, EH547, EH548, EH549, EH558, EH6 4, EH6 5, EH6 6,EH6 7, EH6 8, EH7 4, EH7 5, EH7 6, EH8 7, EH8 8,EH8 9, EH9 1, EH9 2 ,EH9 3, EH915, EH951, EH991, FK1 1, FK1 2, FK1 3, FK1 4, FK1 5, FK101, FK102, FK103, FK104, FK117, FK125, FK136, FK147, FK150, FK159, FK166, FK2 0, FK2 7, FK2 8, FK2 9, FK3 0, FK3 8, FK3 9, FK4 1, FK4 2, FK5 3, FK5 4, FK6 5, FK6 6, FK7 0, FK7 7, FK7 8, FK7 9, FK8 1, FK8 2, FK8 3, FK9 4, FK9 5, G 1 1, G 1 2, G 1 3, G 1 4, G 1 5, G 115, G 116, G 117, G 120, G 128, G 129, G 131, G 132, G 133, G 134, G 140, G 149, G 156, G 157,G 158, G 2 1, G 2 2, G 2 3, G 2 4, G 2 5, G 2 6, G 2 7, G 2 8, G 200, G 206, G 207, G 208, G 209 ,G 211, G 212, G 213, G 214, G 225, G 226, G 227, G 235, G 3 6,G 3 7, G 3 8, G 311, G 312, G 313, G 314, G 315, G 320, G 326, G 327, G 328 ,G 329, G 331, G 332 ,G 333 ,G 334, G 335, G 336, G 340, G 349, G 4 0, G 4 9 ,G 401, G 402, G 403, G 404, G 411, G 412, G 413, G 414, G 415, G 420, G 427, G 428, G 429, G 431, G 432, G 443, G 444, G 445, G 450, G 459, G 466, G 467, G 468, G 5 0, G 5 8, G 5 9, G 511, G 512, G 513, G 514, G 521, G 522, G 523, G 524, G 535, G 536, G 537, G 581, G 605, G 611, G 612, G 613, G 614, G 626, G 627, G 628, G 630, G 639, G 641, G 642, G 643, G 644, G 650, G 659, G 661, G 662, G 663, G 664, G 665, G 667, G 668, G 671, G 672, G 673, G 674, G 680, G 689, G 690, G 696, G 697, G 698, G 699, G 705, G 706, G 715, G 716, G 717, G 718, G 720, G 727, G 728, G 729, G 731, G 732, G 733, G 734, G 735, G 741, G 742, G 743, G 744, G 745, G 750, G 758, G 759, G 760, G 767, G 768, G 769, G 775, G 776, G 781, G 782, G 783, G 784, G 791, G 811, G 812, G 813, G 814, G 815, G 816, G 821, G 822, G 823, G 824, G 825, G 830, G 837, G 838, G 839, G 840, G 847, G 848, G 849, G 908, KY1 1, KY1 2, KY1 3, KY1 4, KY102, KY103, KY111, KY112, KY113, KY114, KY117, KY118, KY119, KY120, KY127, KY128, KY129, KY130, KY138, KY139, KY146, KY147, KY154, KY155, KY157, KY2 5,KY2 6, KY3 0, KY3 9, KY4 0, KY4 8, KY4 9, KY5 0, KY5 8, KY5 9, KY6 1, KY6 2, KY6 3, KY7 4, KY7 5, KY7 6, KY8 1, KY8 2, KY8 3, KY8 4, KY8 5, KY8 6, KY9 1, KY990, KY991, KY992, KY993, KY994, KY995, KY996, KY997, KY998, KY999, ML1 1, ML1 2, ML1 3, ML1 4, ML1 5, ML106, ML110, ML117, ML118, ML119, ML2 0, ML2 7, ML2 8, ML2 9, ML3 0, ML3 6, ML3 7, ML3 8, ML3 9, ML4 1, ML4 2, ML4 3, ML5 1, ML5 2, ML5 3, ML5 4, ML5 5, ML6 0, ML6 6, ML6 7, ML6 8, ML6 9, ML7 4, ML7 5, ML8 4, ML8 5, ML9 1, ML9 2, ML9 3, PA1 1, PA1 2, PA1 3, PA102, PA113, PA124, PA134, PA145, PA146, PA151, PA152, PA153, PA154, PA160, PA167, PA168, PA169, PA175, PA186, PA191, PA2 0, PA2 6, PA2 7, PA2 8, PA2 9, PA237, PA238, PA3 1, PA3 2, PA3 3, PA3 4, PA4 0 ,PA4 8, PA4 9, PA5 0, PA5 8, PA5 9, PA6 7, PA7 5, PA8 6, PA8 7, PA9 1
The Radio Station’s decision on eligibility is final. Entrants may ask to confirm their eligibility before submitting their entry.
- Entrants must never have been signed to a recording label nor major music management company. Solos, Duet/Trios and Bands are all acceptable for entry and they will compete against each other within the specified judging criteria.
- Although original artist music is welcome please be aware that only popular music genres relevant and similar to the Capital brand mainstream playlist will be considered for entry to this competition. For details go to http://www.capitalfm.com/on-air/playlist/
Songs should also be suitable for broadcast, with no or minimal editing, during daytime on a UK radio station. Songs should therefore avoid offensive language, overt political or religious messages, commercial references, or should not contain any potentially defamatory references to a living or recently deceased person, or organisations.
- Entrants must be available on 21st Nov 2017 to perform at the showcase. If under 18, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to any event associated with this competition. No additional guests will be given entry to the event
- Entrants must be available for a sound check & rehearsals for the above event between 8am and 6pm. Final timings will be confirmed by event organiser. A PA will be provided. The winning act is responsible for all other requirements to be able to perform.
- Entrants must be available to perform at least a 2 track set. No additional guests will be given entry to the event.
- Entrants will be required to participate in relevant publicity, PR and marketing opportunities as deemed appropriate by Capital FM’s Head of Programming in relation to the SSE Spotlight Competition for a period of up to 12 months after winning date.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per artist; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
- Entrants must be available to perform at the SSE Scottish Music Awards on Dec 21st, and be available all that day.
- Winning Artist Prize:
- A Performance at The SSE Scottish Music Awards in Aid of Nordoff Robbins
- Starter Pack from The Famous Company
- Writing and production of a track with one of their esteemed producers (Writing credits include MNEK, Duke Dumont, A*M*E) Generally their team work on a track by track basis. Allocating 2 separate sessions of 8 hours to write and develop the music, to bring the track to industry demo standard. The external mix and master will then add the finishing touches.
- Industry standard mix and master
- Release and distribution of the finished single to all of the major online stores and streaming platforms - iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Google play etc.
- Location photoshoot to include industry retouched images. An outside location that fits the genre including a photographer with a stylist to assist. If there is a cost attributed to the hire of the venue or location, the Famous Company would cover these up to the value of £150.
- Branding & graphic design to coincide with the release. The Famous company graphic design team will put together a complete launch pack based on the location photography. So, bespoke graphics designed to fit all of the major social media platforms, an A6 flyer design and a single cover.
- 3 months A&R consultancy. This would consist of three separate meetings with one of their consultants, over the course of 3 months, offering tailored advice and guidance for the winner on themselves as an artist and how best to promote themselves. These meetings will also be to plan and develop the creative services above.
- £500 Towards travel to Famous Company
- Public Vote/Twitter Prize
An incredible night out in Glasgow with tickets to a show of your choice at The SSE Hydro
- 1 x pair of tickets to a gig of your choice at The SSE Hydro
- Overnight accommodation at the luxury 5-star Hilton Hotel Glasgow
- Breakfast for two people in the hotel restaurant
- Dinner and drinks for two people at The Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery in Glasgow
- Relaxing Massage for two people at the Pure Spa in Glasgow
- £250.00 spending money
- Entrants must be age 16 or over and be a UK resident.
- A winner will be randomly selected from those who participated in the hashtag voting mechanism.
- This will be dispatched within 30 days of being informed as winner.
- The winner will have 28 days to claim their prize from the date on which Capital FM has made first contact. If we cannot reach you within this time, a replacement winner will be chosen.
- Communicorp UK reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.
- The prize of Wireless Sound Bar Smart Sound system and £100 iTunes voucher were accidentally included from a separate promotion and have been removed from the T&Cs. These prizes were not included at any other point in the promotion details.
Prize Terms and Conditions
Back to homepage
- The prize draw is open to UK residents who are aged 18 or over. The prize draw is not open to anyone directly connected with this prize draw. Employees of the SSE Group may enter the prize draw.
- Entry into this prize draw is deemed to be acceptance of these rules.
- Only one entry per person.
- The prize draw opens at 10am 30th Oct
- The prize draw closes at midnight 19th Nov. Entries received after the specified times and dates will not be considered.
- Entrants who tweet a vote with #ssespotlight & the hashtag of the act they are voting for, shall be entered into the prize draw.
- Every valid Dec 2017 and June 2018 at The SSE Hydro subject to availability.
- 1 winner will be selected from all valid entries for 2 tickets to the SSE Hydro.
- The winner(s) will be selected at random. Winners will be notified by phone or email no later than 28 days after the competition closes
- Ticket prizes will be delivered via email or post no later than 1 week prior to the event dates shown.
- Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an equivalent prize without notice.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity.
- Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the prize draw without prior notice.
- Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter accepts no liability for lost entries. Promoter accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this prize draw, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the prize draw.
- Tickets are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain the property of the Promoter. If a ticket is re-sold, transferred or advertised whether or not for profit, commercial gain or in the course of business by anyone other than the Promoter, or an authorised sub-agent, it will be void and the ticket holder will be refused entry to, or ejected from, the venue without refund.
- The winner(s) and their guests must act within the framework of acceptable and proper behaviour during the course of the prize and comply with all rules and regulations laid down by those providing the elements of the prizes, including without limitation the ticket conditions.
- Transport to and from the venue and all other incidentals associated with the event will be the responsibility of the winners and guests to arrange and not down to the responsibility of the Promoter.
- No other expenses are included in the prize, eg. travel, additional food and beverage, etc.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Promoter accepts no liability for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered by the winner(s) or any guests chosen to participate with the winner in the prize as a result of their participation in the prize draw and/or arising out of the winner's enjoyment of the prize.
- Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries at its complete discretion, including those entries which Promoter believes to be fraudulent, or based on misconduct.
- By entering this prize draw, entrants agree to the personal data they supply being used by Promoter to administer the prize draw and for future communications / promotions from Promoter.
- This prize draw and these terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts.
- Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (both UK and Scotland). Winner will need to make their own way – travel is excluded.
- Hotel is classed as a 5 star and is based on two people sharing a standard room with ensuite facilities on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Winner and friend to enjoy a 3 course meal from a set menu and half a bottle of house wine and water and coffee each.
- Spa treatments are subject to change and availability at the time of booking. Some treatments may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions and will be substituted for a safe alternative should this be the case.
- All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.